Dr. Stephen Yang Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stephen Yang?

patient

Posted on September 19th, 2016

he when he enters the room i kow he cares about me as aperson

Knows his stuff.

Posted on September 10th, 2016

Bedside manner is not what I like, I like someone who talks to u and then listens, but, his team that works under his are amazing. Thwy r the ones u talk to after and before surgery the most anyways. I flew over 1500 miles one way just to have him for my surgery, he is one smart man!

EXCELLENT SURGEON

Posted on March 23rd, 2016

HE SAVED MY LIFE

esophageal cancer

Posted on April 29th, 2014

he speaks very direct, is very experienced, as a very qualified staff. there were some small complications with the surgery, but far less than the list of complications he informed me of before the surgery. He is a very talented surgeon and i feel luck to have found him. John Hopkins intensive care was great and the hospital stay had a great staff. The house keeping staff thoroughly cleaned ever handle and draw pull twice a day. I can't say enough about the great job that was done by all. Appointment wait times can be a little long and can be frustrating when your not feeling your best. but it is worth the wait. Good luck and hope it goes as well for you as it did for me.

Dr. Yang is the best!

Posted on June 6th, 2012

Thanks to Dr. Yang - my mother is cancer free and enjoying life. We travelled from New England to have Dr. Yang perform her Lung Cancer surgery. Dr. Yang has extensive experience performing successful surgery on seniors with cancer. After being told by local physicians that she was "too old" to have surgery and then to find Dr. Yang and have him perform a successful surgery - we are extremely grateful! He is not only an extremely talented Surgeon, but also a wonderful person. I highly recommend him to anyone facing Lung or Esophageal Cancer.

The Best of the Best !!!

Posted on February 9th, 2012

Dr. Yang took a surgery that was very difficult, many would say impossible...and he, along with God, made me cancer free. Dr. Yang and his entire team are what I would consider the "Best of the Best"

Posted on July 21st, 2011

i consider myself to be fortunate to have had Dr. Yang perform my esophagectomy! His expertise is incredible! I highly recommend him for any type of thoracic surgery.

Posted on December 27th, 2010

Dr. Yang demonstrated minimal concern and simply refused to hear patient concerns. He presented a ompous,uncaring manner with resulting substandard work. The incision will require revision. This is unexpected when performed by the chief of the service and at a worl class hopital. Was it a bad day for the doctor? If this its the work of the chief of the department within a world class hospital a supervisor might wish to look further into the work done in that department and by the chief of the service. This situation feels on par with an evening spent at a once glorious restaurant now serving substandard fare and careless service that was met with an absence of any concern. The public could and would expect more from the chief of the service at such a prestigious hospital. Corrective work is now needed with no concern of his. Sad to have come from Hopkins. I would have much preferred to have the opportunity to praise the medical care as was the case under John Cameron's service, but unable to do so in the care of Stephen C. Yang, MD. Beyond an appearance like that of a knife fight wound, there continues to be numbness and discomfort with protruding ribs. This is very sad and frightening when such low level medical care is from what is known as a fine medical facility. Hopefully this incident with this particular physician is an exception. Whatever the case,I have a hideous reminder scar of my Hopkins experience that will require an otherwise unnecessary surgical procedure costing time and money had it been properly done initially.

Esophageal Cancer Survivor

Posted on November 20th, 2010

Dr. Stephan Yang was direct and told me about my chances of survival without surgery. He also told me the risks associated with surgery. He shows a geniune caring for me and my family. I would recommend Dr. Yang to anyone dealing with the uncertainty of cancer.

HIdeous Scar Post JHH Surgery

Posted on October 3rd, 2010

I requested consultation with Dr Yang following a surgical procedure. I was experiencing pain, discomfort and distress regarding the condition of the incision. Dr. Yang refused to discuss the matter other than to say that no one will be able to improve the state of the incision. Most distressing was his absolute refusal to discuss his work that was causing me much distress and discomfort. Patient relations was involved to no avail. I will now consult plastic surgeons for their comment and ability to correct the work of Dr. Yang. While I need to allow more time for healing, it is my opinion that the incision has the appearance of a knife fight wound and especially given the state of medicine today and the expertise of JHH, this is a hideous scar that may serve as a reminder ot this experience and the doctor forever.

Dr Yang saved my life

Posted on March 12th, 2010

Dr Yang successfully removed an "inoperable" lung tumor. My wife and I cannot think of how the experience could be improved upon. He was just unbelievably good.

Posted on October 6th, 2017