Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen P Cafferty has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Stephen P Cafferty has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Stephen P Cafferty has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Stephen P Cafferty is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
I have been a patient of Dr C for a very long time. He has always been an awesome doctor and right on the money with diagnosis. Unfortuneatly, his office staff has much to be desired. They are rude for no apparent reason, they don't answer the phone or return phone calls. I think that Dr C would still have his practice opened if he had just hired an outside office staff, rather than relatives and his wife. I certainly hope that he is doing well where ever he is now. I sure do wish he were still in practice. It is very hard to find a doctor in Southern Maryland that you can trust and have confidence in. I truly miss Dr Cafferty.
After two visits I realized the office staff "is what it is". Doctor seems nice but wanted to give lots of rx's before diagnosing the problem. Did not get calls answered, tired of waiting. Asked a question and had a very rude response from employee. My health was not taken seriously, need to find a good doctor with a good office staff.
2nd time I did not get a return call and I was really sick! Its too hard to get a message to the doctor, its like you have to keep trying and trying and hope something happens. One of the supervisors was rude to me for no reason, like i was in her way or something. whats up with that? Probaly forgot her prozac. Come on, answer your messages!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
31 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Stephen P Cafferty accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsCharlotte Hall Veterans Health, 29449 Charlotte Hall Rd, Charlotte Hall, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen P Cafferty in this video.
Dr. Stephen P Cafferty is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charlotte Hall, MD.