Dr. Stephen Carp Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stephen Carp?

Saved my Husbands Life!

Posted on June 27th, 2017

My husband went in for a foot problem, but Dr Carp quickly picked up on the fact he needed heart valve surgery. He literally saved my husbands life. EXCELLANT Doctor!!!!! This guy is sharp!

Pros and cons

Posted on January 3rd, 2014

Is a nice guy and shows genuine concern, and definitely ready to refer patients to others as needed. Has given me references to very good specialists whom I did not know existed and who helped where earlier ones I had seen had failed. However, his diagnotic skills and ability to interpret tests does not seem to be consistently reliable. He spends time with patients, but I had some difficulties with communication. As noted in another review, he often seems to spend more time asking questions than listening to the patient's concerns and their main reason for coming in for the visit, often jumping from one topic to another before listening to answers to questions he has asked. Even if appropriate treatment is achieved, this can make a visit stessful. I am looking for a primary doctor with whom I can talk more comfortably, as I can with my specialists. His medical assistant the last few years is pleasant and efficient - a big improvement over earlier ones. Have had difficulty in general getting in to see a Salem Clinic primary doctor or being able to talk to one on the phone regarding something urgent - can take a couple of weeks for an appointment, and so may instead end up in urgent care when you need to talk to someone who is familiar with your history.

Great Doctor

Posted on March 26th, 2012

Takes time to listen to you and listens attentively. Honest, sincere, candid, compasionate. Very knowledgable but will gladly seek help from fellow doctors if necessary. I would highly reccomend him.

Posted on July 1st, 2011

I really like Dr.Carp, but I don't like Salem Clinic. When I call in I have to go through a phone tree and have to wait quite a while on hold. The staff is inefficient and his nurse is very unfriendly. I need a Dr. that I can talk to about my personal problems at home that effect my health but he always puts me off and doesn't want or doesn't have the time to listen. If I could find another Dr. that fulfilled those qualifications I would change in a minute,.

Excellent Physician

Posted on October 7th, 2009

Dr. S. Andy Carp is an excellent physician who is up to date with his knowledge of medical issues. I would recommend him to anyone, including my family. He is a straight shooter, no beating around the bush, which is what I like. We need more physicians like him in this community. His wife, Dr. Lesley Garber, is also an excellent physician. Would also recommend her to anyone.

Andy is a 'nice guy'.

Posted on December 25th, 2008

Looking for a doctor. After several years of chronic problems and doctors of acceptable to excellent I personally feel 'Andy' isn't. Quote,"I don't have time to answer your question - just listen and answer my questions so I can get the paperwork done." As my grandmother said,"If you can't say ANYTHING nice about someone - don't say anything."

Posted on November 18th, 2016