Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen M Charbonnet has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Stephen M Charbonnet has the following 7 expertise
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Prostate Cancer
- Urologic Emergencies
- Kidney Stones
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Bladder Issues
Dr. Stephen M Charbonnet has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
don't expect much privacy at this office. calls you to the back to take a urine sample, then literally sit in a chair outside of the door of the examination room. Paper thin walls, everyone sitting outside hears all of your business. He then takes you to his office to explain further, which is right outside exam rooms, and discusses treatment and diagnosis, all while door is open with patients sitting in hall to wait on exam rooms.
Dr. Charbonnet is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1998
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Stephen M Charbonnet accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHouma Surgi Center, 1020 School St, Houma, LA
Dr. Stephen M Charbonnet is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houma, LA.