Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen E Coats
Dr. Stephen E Coats, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fort Wayne, IN, with other offices in Fort Wayne, IN and Fort Wayne, IN . He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology and Gynecology. Dr. Coats is affiliated with Parkview Hospital Randallia. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen E Coats has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Stephen E Coats has the following 11 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Breast Exam
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. Stephen E Coats is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Coats is generally acknowledged to be an extemely competent, caring physician so I would never, ever doubt his skill. BUT.. I came to him with flooding type bleeding that had gone on for months and made my life embarrasing and difficult..he did a PAP and recommended a D%C under general anesthetic which seemed like overkill. I cancelled the D&C, the problem got worse, I got sick and anemic and he would do nothing but arrange a total abdominal hysterectomy- I was desperate but ambivalent so I arranged then cancelled. Both my kids were delivered by his partners Sporre and Cowan and they never would have let me suffer like that but once I had Coats, they would not let me switch. Regretfully, I switched to a different group-the physician immediately gave me progesterone/bleeding stopped/anemia better/iron supplements increased/in-office endometrial biopsy completed/repeat PAP/implanted Mirena/I am now a symptom free and joyous soul but I still do not understand why Dr. Coats could not have done any of this for me.
Dr. Coats is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Clarian Health Partners
Dr. Stephen E Coats accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
FrontPath Health Coalition
- FrontPath Health Coalition
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- Sagamore Plus
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen E Coats in this video.
Dr. Stephen E Coats is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Wayne, IN.