Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen T Copen
Dr. Stephen T Copen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA, with another office in Los Angeles, CA. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Nephrology. Dr. Copen is affiliated with California Hospital Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen T Copen has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Renal Disease
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
Showing 5 of 32
Copen is a GREAT Dr. but he is busy (very busy). It's worth the wait. You will get a head to toe evaluation and he spend about 20 to 30 min per patient. He listens well and is very caring. If you are someone who is in a rush this is not the Dr for you. If you are looking for a caring dr who will answer all of your questions and spend as much (within reason) with you This is your guy.
I choose Dr. Copen as my PCP. Very bad choice. On my first (and last!) visit I had to wait 40 minutes, before I was put in the room. Then after another 15 minutes wait I owas told that he is busy on the phone and even though the nurse tried to inform him that there Is a patient waiting he did not respponded. Very very disapointed. Actually, this was the first time with a physician who obviously does not care about a patient. Strongly do not recommend Dt. Stephen Copen.
Amazing doctor if you don't mind waiting. He spends 30+ min with each person. He will see you during off hours if need be. I called him one day at like 430 i had pneumonia he asked me to have someone drive me, hubby get off at 7 so i said i could come the next day, he said just come as soon as hubby gets home. I did we did not get there until after 8 and he waited. We did not leave until after 9 and another person called and he said come on in
I've waited up to 4 hours (no exaggeration) for a follow-up appt. Prepare to bring a book and/or things to do as he is extremely busy and has trouble setting time limits. However, know that this also means that if you need the extra time he WILL be there for you no matter how much time it takes. I feel bad that his family members are probably suffering as a result, but if you need him he will be there for you no matter how late it is.
Dr. Copen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1993
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Stephen T Copen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Dr. Stephen T Copen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.