Dr. Stephen Cortez Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stephen Cortez?

Posted on July 1st, 2015

Trust him with my life.

Posted on April 20th, 2015

awesome Dr!!!! staff great. His nurse Awesome!! all around great visit. Glad to be there!

Posted on December 8th, 2013

Dr. Cortez is very easy to talk to about sensitive sexual issues. I have had one other gyn. doctor in the past who was very nice but I didn't feel that I could approach as I am able to do with him. He is very gentle during his exam and spends as time with you as you need afterwards. I don't become nervous as many women because of his manner and interest in me as an individual.

Misdiagnosed for 4 years

Posted on June 6th, 2013

After being a patient of Dr. Cortez's for 8 years I was under the impression that I could trust his clinical impression. After 4 years I finally got a second opinion about a diagnoses he gave me and it turns out I was misdiagnosed. Which actually happened to be a pretty simple diagnoses and my doctor that gave me the second opinion was baffled as to why I was misdiagnosed. After I called his nurse who was incapable of telling me anything as she lacked the general knowledge she insisted that I set up an appointment. When that day came Dr. Cortez would not see me and then I was sent a certified letter stating that they would no longer see me as a patient. Your welcome for all of the recommendations. Wish I could take them all back along with all of the money I've forked over to your practice for the past 8 years. I have never been so humiliated. The entire staff treats you as if you are scum and beneath them. FYI I make more than you and at least I know what I'm talking about when it's expected of me! I give Dr. Cortez and all of Halifax OBGYN staff one star because its the lowest rating available.

Posted on December 4th, 2012

I checked out Dr. Cortez' previous ratings from his patients and he exceeded my expectations. You can tell he truly cares about his patients. He could have recommended surgery in my case, (as someone else did) but instead we discussed several options that might circumvent doing surgery. I have faith in his care.

Favorite Doctor

Posted on October 26th, 2012

I am now currently pregnant with mys econd child. Dr Cortez was my DR for my first child but was not on call when I went into labor. He made a special trip and cancelled his office patients to come and deliver my baby. I have complete trust in him. I will not see anybody else and recommended him to all of my girlfriends including my mom and sister. I dont have enough good things to say about it him. Him being soo attractive makes it even better. lol.

Posted on September 25th, 2012

DR CORTEZ IS THE BEST DOCTOR. HE MADE IT MUCH EASIER TO GO THRU SURGERY KNOWING HE WAS MY DOCTOR.

The Best!

Posted on August 9th, 2012

I've been at Halifax OB/GYN for 15 years and have seen all of the doctors there. Dr. Cortez delivered my 3rd child and he is my favorite. He has always taken the time to talk to me and he is very thorough.

FAS

Posted on November 3rd, 2011

Dr.Cortez has been by far the BEST Dr I have had, he is very easy to talk to, takes all the time you need to ask questions, he is very informative & takes his time in explaining everything you need to know, his bedside manners are wonderful, I was really nervous going into surgery & he saw that & waited by my side until i was asleep.. most Dr's just "prep". Once again Dr.Cortez is amazing & I would recommend him to everyone.

The Best Doctor

Posted on September 15th, 2011

He is the best doctor ever....He is a very professional, intelligent and caring doctor. Do not believe other bad misleading review because it is a pure lie. He will always find a time for you, listen to you and will do his best to help you.

Beyond exceptional

Posted on March 12th, 2011

Dr. Cortez has been my doctor for a long, long time. His bedside manner is impeccable and one of the most caring physicians I have ever met. He has helped through the trauma of a miscarriage and checked on me consistently through the grieving period. I trust him with my life.

Polite and caring