Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen C Culp
Dr. Stephen C Culp, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sarasota, FL, with another office in Sarasota, FL. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Culp is affiliated with Doctors Hospital Baptist Health South Florida. Dr. Culp has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen C Culp has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I had just moved to town and started asking around for the very best cardiologist. I quickly knew after it seemed every person I spoke to said "You must see Stephen Culp". His staff is great and made me feel very comfortable for my first time in there office. It was so easy to talk to him. He spent over an hour with me at my visit and answered all questions in detail. I will be one more person recommending Dr Culp to everyone in need of the best doctor!
Sadly, this "Doctor" has no interest or ability to be courteous or caring or involved in my care. In 4 years I have only seen him in his office twice. When I would make appointments for medical problems, I would be diverted to other non-physician staff members. Further, Culp interrupted a phone conversation my daughter was having with his P.A. and rudely told my daughter that "she had taken up too much of his office's time" when she called the office back to advise them that we would keep a scheduled appointment the following day rather than go to the E.R. that night as I was not feeling well. If you are looking for a hands-on doctor who is involved in your care and treats you and your family with courtesy, respect and professionalism, this is not the doctor for you.
Dr. Culp is an amazing doctor! Unlike most doctors who are watching the clock until the moment your time is up, Dr. Culp takes the time to listen to you and consider all options before determining what should be done. I asked many friends around town who they thought was the best, and one after another they said Dr. Stephen Culp has saved my life! I take my health care seriously and you should to by choosing the best doctor there is in cardiology.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Culp is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of Vermont College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. Stephen C Culp accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen C Culp in this video.
Dr. Stephen C Culp is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sarasota, FL.