Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen D Brown Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Stephen D Brown Jr has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Stephen D Brown Jr has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 12
I have seen Dr. Brown for two physicals and his PA twice or urgent visits. I am a retired physician and know a lot about good medicine. Dr. Brown is a thorough, proficient, and caring physician. The visits were unrushed, he listens very well, and explains options thoroughly. He empowers patients. I am very glad he is my physician.
For some years, I thought I was lucky I had no bad health problems since Dr. Brown breezed in and out very rapidly at my visits. However I did have a problem that could have been diagnosed several month prior and handled by a more experienced physician who had more time. While in the hospital five weeks I found another general physician since I felt I would be taking my life to continue with Dr. Stephen Brown.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
20 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Fletcher Allen Healthcare
Dr. Stephen D Brown Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsCarolina Internal Medicine Associates, 4 Vanderbilt Park Dr Ste 100, Asheville, NC
Dr. Stephen D Brown Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Asheville, NC.