Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen D Schmidt has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
Dr. Stephen D Schmidt has the following 6 expertise
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Cancer Pain
Dr. Stephen D Schmidt has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Stephen D Schmidt is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 37
I drove over a hundred miles and had procedures cancelled because I licked one time on a peppermint stick in his waiting room before my appointment. The Dr. never even talked to me. His ( so called nursing staff) were very rude and were dress very unprofessional. If I find out he charged Medicare I will turn him in for fraud, It was ok for me to drink water to take my medication, but not to lick one time on a candy cane so my breath would not be so foul smelling, He showed how he uses bad judgment, I definitely would not trust him to. Put a needle in my spine, by the way Zi am an old hospital nurse of 30 years,
He entered the room, crossed his arms and said "WHY ARE YOU HERE TODAY?" while standing over me assertively. Very uncomfortable. He did not read the paperwork his office asked me to fill out before entering the room. He didn't even LOOK at my history on the Mercy Network. He doubted everything I said (all could be proven with records he could look up or read if he had taken the time). Office staff interrupted my appointment to rush him to the next appointment. The most awful narcissistic doctor I have ever encountered. Ever.
29 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
St Marys Health Center
Dr. Stephen D Schmidt accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Carelink from Coventry Network
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen D Schmidt in this video.
Dr. Stephen D Schmidt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.