Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen Smith has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
Dr. Stephen Smith has the following 1 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
Showing 1 of 1
My father was friends with Dr Smith when I was growing up. I went to him when I was 12 or 13 for something. I had acne at the time and there were not medications available like there are today. He came in and said what are you doing about your face"? I was stunned and embarrassed so said nothing and he asked me how old I was. Then he said you're 13 and your not doing anything about your face? Don't you want the boys to like you"? Mind you he had beautiful cheerleader daughters at the time. This did wonders for my self esteem...since then I have always picked at my face causing permanent damage to my skin. It's a disorder called excoriation. Thank you very much Dr Smith.
Dr. Smith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Palomar Pomerado Health
55 Years Experience
Graduated in 1958
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Stephen Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Escondido, CA.