Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen Darbonne
Dr. Stephen Darbonne, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Iberia, LA. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Darbonne is affiliated with Our Lady of Lourdes Rmc, Iberia Medical Center and Lafayette General Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen Darbonne has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Darbonne is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Our Lady of Lourdes Rmc
Lafayette General Medical Center
Abbeville General Hospital
University Medical Center - Lafayette
32 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1985
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Stephen Darbonne accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsIberia Medical Center, 2315 E Main St, New Iberia, LA
Dr. Stephen Darbonne is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Iberia, LA.