Dr. Stephen Dewey Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Stephen Dewey?

Do not go to this doctor!

Posted on July 27th, 2015

Just an abysmal experience with this man. Completely misdiagnosed me and then tried to tell me to go to a psychiatrist, when it turned out I had a severe gut disorder. I have never been in a situation where I was in such a dire need for help and was treated so poorly.

Nice at first, but. . .

Posted on October 3rd, 2013

Came off like a very caring grandfatherly type, full of kindness, I had lots of digestive issues with very distressing secondary conditions. After running a few blood tests, he told me I had nothing wrong with me and I was just experiencing stress and needed a psychiatrist. When I objected, the facade of geniality he had put up disappeared and he became very angry. It turned out I had a magnesium deficiency, which is hard to detect on blood test, but can cause a whole host of issues, which was my case. I found this out from a competent functional doctor. This "Dr." was essentially was an exacerbating condition at a time of great stress.

Seek a functional medicine practitioner

Posted on June 12th, 2013

The worst experience I have ever had with a medical professional. I have never felt so untrusted or not listened to with a doctor in my life. If you have any knowledge of conditions this man will not have a dialogue with you about what might be wrong. Be prepared to be referred to a psychiatrist if he can't figure out what is wrong from the most basic of tests. Condescending and downright rude.

Allopathic Hack

Posted on May 31st, 2013

If he can't proscribe a pill or locate on a basic blood test, this guy is lost. I had major digestive issues and went to him on a referral. First he prescribed an antacid, which exacerbated all my symptoms. Then, he basically told me it was all in my head and I had nothing wrong with me. I was in complete mental and physical anguish after having passed out a few times and being nauseous and dizzy with major digestive pain. It turned out after a endoscopy, I had gastritis and an ulcer. This fool tried to send me to a psychiatrist. Do not go to him.

Could Not See I Needed Help

Posted on February 20th, 2013

You can only talk about one problem per visit. I saw this doctor only twice and that was for a shoulder problem. He does not care about women's problems. I was falling apart And could not talk to him about it only one problem per visit! He told me if I wanted to take my own life go ahead just do not Bother the office. He judge me he knew nothing about my struggle With pmdd or stress and menopause and other life problems.

Long Time PCP

Posted on August 8th, 2012

My family has been with Dr. Dewey since the early 1990s ... I used to get my sports physicals from him from elementary up through high school. When his office moved from Indianapolis to Fishers I stopped going. My old job provided annual, comprehensive physicals so I did not visit a doctor in that time.However, since I left the old job, I am seeking a doctor again. I plan to call his office for a visit soon! But I do dread that drive.

Need Better Appointment System

Posted on March 22nd, 2012

When the Dr's appointment schedule is full for the week and the Dr. is going to be off the following week, the office needs to keep a waiting list of patients who they can call if there is a cancellation and/or have another Dr. to refer the patient to during the week the Dr. is off.

Posted on October 18th, 2011

The best doctor I have ever seen. A+ in all areas!!

Posted on September 22nd, 2011

Dr. Dewey is consistently a trustworthy doctor. Unfortunately, the receptionists that work in his building are rude and unprofessional. Taking my business elsewhere.

Posted on November 21st, 2017