Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen C Dreskin
Dr. Stephen C Dreskin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Aurora, CO. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Allergy & Immunology, Diagnostic Laboratory Immunology, Clinical & Laboratory Immunology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Dreskin has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen C Dreskin has the following 4 specialties
- Allergy & Immunology
- Diagnostic Laboratory Immunology
- Clinical & Laboratory Immunology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Peanut Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Drug Allergy
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
My father was seeing Steven Dreskin for pain management. My father had his spine fused and the surgery went terribly wrong. When we first met Dreskin he was nice. His office workers were VERY nice. On Christmas day I had to call a ambulance because his pain was soo bad he couldnt walk. When theambulance driversgot to the house they said we should have called dreskin and when we got to the hospital they told us to call Dreskin first. I had to call Dr Dreskins after hour service as I was told to do because the hospitals and EMTS told me to. He was TOTALLY RUDE! WOULDNT give me a chance to talk and kept saying why did you wake me up at 5 am.Why couldnt you wait until 3 hours for us to open. For those of you with chronic pain you know a hour can feel like a lifetime. I called to ask if he could take more of the meds than he was supposed to or if he would give orders to the hospital to help him . He wouldnt give me a chance to talk. I Finally had to yell and tell him look you gave him all these meds and now you wont helpme. After yelling tohim Ihad to take him to the hospital on Christmas day and then he just fell a few hours ago all he was worried about was being woken up at 5 am. We will NEVER use this man again. When your a Dr thats part of the job. I remember his old Dr in California gave me his cell phone numbe and said if you ever need anything no mater what time you call me. This man should NOT be a Dr! DONT GO TO HIM! AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Our first meeting he spent telling us over and over again how much he spent time teaching arond the country. Ihope hes not teaching anyone anything. DONT USE HIM! Hes self righteous and self centered! If you want a dr that could care less and wants to tell you about how he travels the country teahcing others to be rude like him then go see him!
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
41 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Uc Davis Medical Center
Dr. Stephen C Dreskin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Colorado, 1635 Aurora Ct, Aurora, CO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen C Dreskin in this video.
Dr. Stephen C Dreskin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Aurora, CO.