Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen Duplechain
Dr. Stephen Duplechain, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Thibodaux, LA. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Duplechain is affiliated with Thibodaux Regional Medical Center, Terrebonne General Hospital and Terrebonne General Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen Duplechain has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Duplechain is rated as an 'A+' doctor. Highly qualified in his field of expertise. Very knowledgeable & forth coming. He cuts to the chase by explaining all the facts in detail upfront. He takes his time with you, as a person, not just a number. He allows you to express your questions & concerns. He takes the time to explain to you answers that you can comprehend until he feels like you are comfortable & completely satisfied with the facts. I personally think he is a wonderful person, as well as a wonderful caring physician. It is an honor to have him in the medical field. Thank You Dr Duplechain, I wish there were more like you!
I initially saw Dr. Duplechain for a consultation. He quickly diagnosed me as having GERD and prescribed a Rx of PPI's. I'm 30 years old, in relatively good shape, and I was sincerely curious about other ways to treat my reflux besides taking PPI's. When I asked about the sort of foods I should or shouldn't eat, he immediately dismissed the concept and told me that "at my age, I can eat whatever" I'd like. He even went so far as to discuss the possibility of having fundoplication performed, a really invasive and risky surgery that is usually reserved for people with a much more progressive form of GERD or Barrett's. Not sure if he even made eye contact with me but twice during our meeting, and he didn't seem genuinely concerned about my questions or concerns. Regardless, I decided to have an esophagoscopy performed to rule out any problems such as Barrett's, hernia, etc. Turns out I do have a sliding hiatal hernia, but didn't hear it from the doctor himself, but instead was given a printout with a brief description of my condition. Actually, I wasn't allowed to talk to the doctor at all. When I called his office few days later to ask a question concerning my results, I was told I would need to make another appointment....as if the $5000 I paid for the esophagoscopy wasn't enough. Dr. Duplechain is very intelligent and very thorough in his procedures, but definitely not open to any other "alternative" treatment options, other than traditional Rx drugs
Dr. Duplechain is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Terrebonne General Hospital
Terrebonne General Medical Center
Thibodaux Regional Medical Center
24 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Stephen Duplechain accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDigestive Health Center, 602 N Acadia Rd, Thibodaux, LA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen Duplechain in this video.
Dr. Stephen Duplechain is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Thibodaux, LA.