Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Stephen E Carney has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Stephen E Carney has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Stephen E Carney has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Stephen E Carney is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
I went to Dr. Carney for convenience of location, but after 3 years, decided to find a physician who actually cares about my health. I go in for yearly physicals. If I'm sick, the office tells me to go to the adjoining clinic. They do not set aside time to get sick patients in. First visit ever, he barely spent 5 minutes with me. Last visit, a complete physical was him listening to my heart for a second and then ordering blood tests. He didn't refill the prescription for my BP med. He called in one for a statin drug that was spelled kind of like the BP drug. When I called the office, I was told my cholesterol was high. It's not. I know my numbers. Don't bother calling the office for answers. They only communicate through a website portal. Find a physician who cares. This guy is there to collect a paycheck and nothing more.
I came in asking for a prescription for antivirals for hsv 1 (cold sore). He tried to examine me elsewhere! I gave him my test results & refused to be examined. Anyways, his answers to my questions didn't seem to show much knowledge about the virus. I knew way more just from surfing the internet.
Dr. Carney is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
St Bernards Medical Center
Dr. Stephen E Carney accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCARE PLUS, 14 Gothic Ridge Rd, Van Buren, AR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen E Carney, MD - Family Medicine in Van Buren, AR, in this video.
Dr. Stephen E Carney is similar to the following 2 Doctors near Van Buren, AR.