Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen E Faust
Dr. Stephen E Faust, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Annapolis, MD, with another office in Bowie, MD. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Faust is affiliated with Anne Arundel Medical Center. Dr. Faust has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen E Faust has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
I believe I was a victim of discriminatory treatment by Dr. Faust. I arrived at my scheduled appointment time of 10:30 am on August 11, 2017. When I asked about the wait time, I was told that the time would be about an hour. I told the staff that I would come back and could not sit for an hour in the waiting room. I completed some paperwork and returned. I called Dr. Faust's secretary and complained that no one had contacted me regarding the delay in the doctor's schedule and I felt this was not acceptable. She did not offer an apology but said that I cancelled my appointment and I did not cancel. When I returned later in the day to be seen, the staff took my co-pay, had me complete additional forms, Dr. Faust took me into the patient room. Dr. Faust then began to tell me how he does not adhere to the guidelines regarding seeing patients and that he will spend extra time with them. I told him it was not his fault but that an hour of waiting on my behalf is not acceptable. He then said "this is not going to work out and I suggest you be treated at a different facility". He then ushered me out. As an African American male, I would suggest that Dr. Faust would not have done this with a white male......essentially refusing care for my injury. This is discriminatory and racist.
Dr. Faust was recommended to me as one of the best surgeons in the area for hip replacement. I would have to agree - My recovery went well, and the personal care both before and after from both the doctor and staff was thorough, professional, and friendly. Dr. Faust was very thorough in explaining the procedure and the recovery process- there were no surprises, and everything went well.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Faust is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Stephen E Faust accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Stephen E Faust is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Annapolis, MD.