Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen M Feltz
Dr. Stephen M Feltz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Des Moines, IA. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology and Surgery. Dr. Feltz is affiliated with Iowa Health Des Moines Luthern Hospital and Mercy Medical Center. Dr. Feltz has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen M Feltz has the following 3 specialties
- Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Stephen M Feltz has the following 11 expertise
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
Dr. Stephen M Feltz has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Stephen M Feltz is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
As being a first time patient visiting with Dr. Feltz I was very impressed w/his bedside manner, knowledge, and the way he made you feel comfortable to talk to. (Saw him Nov. 2013) He diagnosed what no other Dr. EVER had and discussed options to repair, once I got the ball rolling ( I chickened out at first, nerves I guess) I just completed the procedure on 10/06/2013 which was very much a success, the staff at West Lakes Surgery Center was FABULOUS!!!!!! All so attentive and continuously checked on me .. What a great experience !!!! THANK YOU ALLFRKMTHEBOTTOM OF MY HEART.
Never listened to my concerns during office visits. Quickly came to his own false determinations. In the end gave me an unwanted and unnecessary csection which resulted in many complications requiring another hospitalization and a subsequent surgurical proceedure. I would recommend any other doctor at that practice but steer clear of Dr. Feltz.
Dr. Feltz is an excellent doctor. I saw him throughout my first pregnancy and he delivered my first baby. I was always impressed with the level of care he provided. I have again been seeing him throughout my second pregnancy and have been even more impressed with him this time around. He is very thorough and always willing to listen to and address any concerns I have.
Patients' Choice Award (2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Feltz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Clarian Health Partners
Dr. Stephen M Feltz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
Locations & DirectionsOb/Gyn Associates, 330 Laurel St Ste 1100, Des Moines, IA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen M Feltz in this video.
Dr. Stephen M Feltz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Des Moines, IA.