Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen J Ferney has 3 locations
1600 Central Dr Ste 310
Bedford, TX 76022
Book Online Now
Dr. Stephen J Ferney has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Stephen J Ferney has the following 11 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Colon Cancer
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
Dr. Stephen J Ferney is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Ferney please "unretire"
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen J Ferney - Posted on June 18th, 2013
absolutely the best
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen J Ferney - Posted on October 8th, 2012
my family and i have been going to Dr S. Fearney for years. He is the most caring, compassionate,considerate physician we have ever known. He is retiring this year and don't know what I will do without him. He makes every procedure as pleasant as possible and is with you every step of the way. The medical community is losing a great man!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen J Ferney - Posted on April 3rd, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen J Ferney - Posted on February 10th, 2010
Dr. Ferney is the best!! I have been seeing him for my Crohn's Disease since 1983. He always takes his time and explains whatever is being done to treat me or just to ask me if I have any questions. His office staff is great. I highly recommend Dr. Ferney over any other physician for any type of gastric issues.
Dr. Ferney is the BEST!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen J Ferney - Posted on February 5th, 2009
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
41 Years Experience
University Of Utah School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Stephen J Ferney Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen J Ferney, MD - Gastroenterology in Logan, UT, in this video.
Dr. Stephen J Ferney is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Logan, UT.