Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen F Fryer Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Stephen F Fryer Jr has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Stephen F Fryer Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 4
I think his office staff is rude. His "nurse" Betsy, overtalks you and interrupts. He has her call patients with matters that she is not qualified to discuss. I have been a patient there for quite some time but I really have to do my own homework and really stay on top of my health care issues to discuss things with him. There is such a shortage of primary care physicians otherwise I would change.
My family had our new patient appointments with him. I advised him I am diabetic. As we're talking he says how he does not like to use medications unless necessary, etc. They do my bloodwork. My A1c is slightly elevated at 7.5%. His nurse (not himself) calls me and tells me he wants me on Actos. Having studied up on this already I found this is not a good medicine and has a bad Black Box warning. I said no and never went back. HE should have talked to me, not the nurse. They have no explanations of possible side effects or anything. If you go to him, make sure you do your homework.
Dr. Fryer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
United Hospital Center
Dr. Stephen F Fryer Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMountain State Medical Specialties Inc, 120 Medical Park Dr Ste 300, Bridgeport, WV
Dr. Stephen F Fryer Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bridgeport, WV.