Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen J Galizio MD
Dr. Stephen J Galizio has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Stephen J Galizio has the following 14 expertise
- High Cholesterol
- Stress Testing
- Heart Attack
- Heart Diseases
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- Nuclear Medicine
- Unstable Angina
Showing 5 of 9
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen J Galizio - Posted on June 25th, 2019
If there was 0 star option, I would click it.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen J Galizio - Posted on April 3rd, 2018
I've been waiting until I saw my grandfather awake and well after his triple bypass surgery in Boston by a fantastic surgeon and team; This is my time. This does not reflect the help of Dr. Galizio. According to Mr. Galizio, the state my grandfather was in prior to this at Lawrence general- it, and I quote, "it wasn't an emergency situation" was the term he used via telephone after he disappeared on my grandfather an entire day while my family and I did our homework on what was really going on. I will now only say this; I hope Dr. Galizio learns from this- that he will never take his patients lightly in his practice and hopefully now doing so wholeheartedly because it's a entire life and family that can be ruined by waiting too long and not investigating properly. My family and I could have not had my papa here today because of improper evaluation of him first okaying him for a hip replacement without fully checking his heart (as we came to know all of the blockages he had) and then ignoring our calls after he then returned for in hospital stay at Lawrence General. At that time we were waiting for dr. Galizios consent to be transferred to Brigham and women's hospital for proper care. After wondering why an entire day went by to wait for his consent I frantically called Dr. Galizios office close to 7:45pm and spoke to a very kind secretary explaining the situation- she understood personally how frustrated I was not knowing why the dr couldn't even return a phone call and then pushed through to him to call us. At that time, Dr. Galizio stated it wasn't an emergency situation and didn't feel the need to reach us back all day. He also had the notes from our calls from the day. The next morning my papa finally got to Brigham and women's where they evaluated him properly and determined the severity of the situation where he then had a triple bypass the following week. Amongst other neglected health concerns that prior Dr.s missed;he is now in good hands. That is all. My review reflects the neglect portrayed in reality that my family and I faced from a Dr. we were hopeful to trust; most importantly my grandfathers life at hand.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen J Galizio - Posted on June 23rd, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen J Galizio - Posted on April 29th, 2016
Terrible office staff.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen J Galizio - Posted on June 2nd, 2014
So frustrated with the baboons in this office....sick of hearing we'll call you back and then nothing. Yeah Dr. Is nice but I'd rather a competent office staff to deal with. You can't tell me he's never gotten wind of what's going on out there (or should I say what's not going on out there). Time for a new Dr.
27 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Medical College Of Pennsylvania
Dr. Stephen J Galizio Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Pathway X Enhanced Ind Direct Access NH
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSTEPHEN J GALIZIO MD, 555 Turnpike St Ste 41, North Andover, MA
Dr. Stephen J Galizio is similar to the following 4 Doctors near North Andover, MA.