Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen A Gephardt
Dr. Stephen A Gephardt, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Las Vegas, NV, with another office in Las Vegas, NV. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Medicine and Anesthesiology. Dr. Gephardt is affiliated with University Medical Center of Southern Nevada and Valley Hospital Medical Center. Dr. Gephardt has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen A Gephardt has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Migraine Disorders
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Back Pain
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Neck Pain
- Joint Pain (Arthralgia)
Showing 5 of 27
asked for a medication that assists with pain medication nausea! He wouldn't do it because he won't give me the proper dosage I need for meds to be effective. Meanwhile, at my Physical Therapy I had very long conversations with 2 woman that were prescribed 2 medications each for pain. Each one of their medications are stronger by themselves than the one the reluctantly gave me! They told me all they had to do was cry and lie. I'm a Christian and I don't believe in lying to the Dr. because even though I am hooked on pain killers I am not a drug addict! I want off these drugs after I heel from Total Knee Replacement and not have to talk to these scamming Drs any longer than I have to!!
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Gephardt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Clarian Health Partners
Dr. Stephen A Gephardt accepts the following insurance providers.
One Health Network
- One Health Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Stephen A Gephardt is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Las Vegas, NV.