Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Hepatitis C Facts about hepatitis C: the signs, symptoms and who is most at risk.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Stephen T Gerrish has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
A hepatologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and biliary tree - the path through which bile that is secreted by the liver travels to the duodenum. These organs are responsible for many essential bodily functions, such as production of hormones and enzymes, filtering the blood, detoxifying chemicals, metabolizing drugs, and digesting and processing food.
Common disorders that are treated by hepatologists are cirrhosis of the liver, gallstones, pancreatitis and hepatitis.
Dr. Stephen T Gerrish has the following 51 expertise
- Chronic Pancreatitis
- Bile Duct Diseases
- H. Pylori bacteria (Helicobacter Infections)
- Fatty Liver
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Digestive System Diseases
- Hepatic Encephalopathy
- Peptic Ulcer
- Dumping Syndrome (Rapid Gastric Emptying)
- Hiatal Hernia
- Atrophic Gastritis
- Gallbladder Diseases
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Autoimmune Hepatitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Anal Ulcer (Fissure in Ano)
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Esophageal Achalasia
- Peptic Ulcer Hemorrhage
- Crohn's Disease
- Digestive Signs and Symptoms
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Colonic Polyps
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Stomach Diseases
- Liver Transplantation
- Esophageal and Gastric Varices
- Barrett Esophagus
- Celiac Disease
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Peptic Ulcer (Duodenal Ulcer)
- Diffuse Esophageal Spasm
- Colonic Diverticulosis
- Digestive System Endoscopy (EGD)
- Acute Abdominal Pain
- Colon Tumor (Adenomatous Polyps)
- Alcoholic Hepatitis
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic Hepatitis
Dr. Stephen T Gerrish has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 34
Savanah at the front desk was extremely accommodating and warm. That defiantly stems from the environment that Dr. Gerrish creates. The office was decorated so beautifully! No plain white walls thank goodness! Upon my first appointment he informed me that this wouldn't be like other doctor visits. He explained his vision for his practice, talked about his family and made clear the ultimate goal was having a one on one experience with each patient. He actually let me talk about my full medical history which helped when brainstorming about the root cause of my stomach issues. It was honestly such a treat to go there, if you are looking for a great doctor look no further!
I would highly recommend Dr. Gerrish. I was pleasantly surprised to find a doctor that actually paid careful attention when I described my symptoms. He promptly ordered the necessary tests/procedures to assist him in determining the source of my condition. He then took the time to explain the results, (in laymen terms), with me. He was able to pinpoint the source of my symptoms and create a comprehensive plan of action. I can happily say that I am doing much, much better.
We love Dr. Gerrish!! I am a physician, and Dr. Gerrish is the type of doctor that other doctors go to. He is ethical, smart, and very experienced! He did a procedure for me and a family member, and we couldn't be happier. He is very compassionate, and he is a good family man that we trust. I have more family members that need a gastroenterologist, and we will absolutely be going back to him. It is very hard to be a doctor in todays world, though Dr. Gerrish makes it look easy with his skill and knowledge. He really cares, he has a great team, and he is a great listener. Thank you Dr. Gerrish for taking such good care of my family!
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
16 Years Experience
Saba University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Ochsner Clinic Foundation
Dr. Stephen T Gerrish accepts the following insurance providers.
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBay Area Gastrointestinal Endoscopy And Liver Spec, 1305 S Fort Harrison Ave Ste E, Clearwater, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen T Gerrish, MD - Gastroenterology in Clearwater, FL, in this video.
Dr. Stephen T Gerrish is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Clearwater, FL.