Have you seen Dr. Stephen T Gerrish?

Colonoscopy

I’m sure that Dr. Gerrish is great. The office workers are horrible! I got sick the day before my procedure and called them right away to let them know. All they were worried about was a $50 cancellation fee. She argued with me until I had to hang up. Do they think they are the only G.I. Doctors? Don’t think so.

Gut Problems

Great doc spent 45 minutes with me discussing my complex issues. Gave great advise, and attempting to help me cure my problem. Would highly recommend!!

the best

caring, kind and not what you normally get. Excellent doctor

Very Pleased With Care

I was seen by Dr Gerrish this morning for an Upper Endoscopy. The quality of care I received and Dr. Garresh's bedside manner were excellent. I would definitely recommend this Gastroenterologist to anyone !

Extremely Pleasent Experience!

Savanah at the front desk was extremely accommodating and warm. That defiantly stems from the environment that Dr. Gerrish creates. The office was decorated so beautifully! No plain white walls thank goodness! Upon my first appointment he informed me that this wouldn't be like other doctor visits. He explained his vision for his practice, talked about his family and made clear the ultimate goal was having a one on one experience with each patient. He actually let me talk about my full medical history which helped when brainstorming about the root cause of my stomach issues. It was honestly such a treat to go there, if you are looking for a great doctor look no further!

I would highly recommend Dr. Gerrish. I was pleasantly surprised to find a doctor that actually paid careful attention when I described my symptoms. He promptly ordered the necessary tests/procedures to assist him in determining the source of my condition. He then took the time to explain the results, (in laymen terms), with me. He was able to pinpoint the source of my symptoms and create a comprehensive plan of action. I can happily say that I am doing much, much better.

I trust Dr. Gerrish with my family

We love Dr. Gerrish!! I am a physician, and Dr. Gerrish is the type of doctor that other doctors go to. He is ethical, smart, and very experienced! He did a procedure for me and a family member, and we couldn't be happier. He is very compassionate, and he is a good family man that we trust. I have more family members that need a gastroenterologist, and we will absolutely be going back to him. It is very hard to be a doctor in todays world, though Dr. Gerrish makes it look easy with his skill and knowledge. He really cares, he has a great team, and he is a great listener. Thank you Dr. Gerrish for taking such good care of my family!

Dr. Gerrish is a fantastic doctor who is focused, detailed, and cares about his pateints. He is friendly and very professional.

Waited almost 2 hours!

My husband was referred to this doctor by his primary doc. The first appointment he waited for almost 2 hours and was NEVER seen! Obviously he could no longer wait in the office, as he is in a wheelchair and could no longer sit there. The second appointment was NO better. Again he waited for 1.5 hours and again was NEVER seen! What type of professional runs an operation like this? I am all for doctor-patient time, but this is absolutely unacceptable! I am grossly disgusted by the lack of concern for their patient's time!

Doctor's Response

Veronica, I am truly sorry for the terrible experience that you and your husband had at the office where I am currently employed. I agree with you that this kind of treatment is 100% unacceptable. Unfortunately, I am an employed physician of a multi-specialty practice and I have no direct control over patient flow or interaction with office staff. I am fully aware that this is a recurring problem at this practice, and, believe me, I have pleaded with management repeatedly to improve the office dynamics in order to treat patients the way they should be treated. Most of the problems that patients encounter actually have nothing to do with the doctors themselves. I only have so much power to enact change, however, as I cannot hire employees or change office protocols. I can assure you that, if I was aware that you and your husband were having this experience, I would have personally interacted with you to immediately solve the situation. Unfortunately, the physicians are never involved in the handling of a patient until they are physically sitting in the exam room with that patient. These ongoing problems with my current practice are one of the many reasons why I am in the process of creating my own private practice, so I have intimate knowledge and direct control of the entire experience for patients, and I can make changes when needed so everybody stays happy and healthy! Again, I share your frustrations. Please keep in mind, however, that a comment such as this reflects very poorly on me personally, when in fact I was not even involved in the terrible experience you had. This can have very serious future implications for me professionally. In the future, should you have a problem with another physician or physician's office, I encourage you to try to contact the physician directly so they can be involved in solving the problem for you. Trust me, our first priority is the patient, and we never want anybody to have an experience such as this.

A Great Doctor

I Love Dr. Stephen Gerrish as a Doctor. He takes the time with his patients to explain things in terms they understand and actually listens to your concerns. I followed him from his other practice to the Lacicero group and would follow him where ever he practiced. I'd recommend him to anyone. The office wait is frustrating but I still go still see him as I haven't found another G.I. doctor like him

Good experience

Very thorough and thoughtful. Takes time to explain the diagnosis and treatment options. I am very pleased.

Great Dr!

Gerrish is great, he has a super bedside manner and does not beat around the bush - he tells you what you are looking at without hesitation. I recommend him to anyone who has gastro issues.

Dr. Stephen T Gerrish is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Clearwater, FL.