The Vitals website is provided for your informational use only. Nothing contained or offered by, on or through Vitals should be construed as medical advice or relied upon for medical diagnosis or treatment. Vitals does not recommend or endorse any particular healthcare provider whose information or ratings appear on this website. We encourage you to read our full Terms of Service.

Dr. Stephen Gick Is this you?

About Dr. Stephen Gick

Dr. Stephen Gick, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Baton Rouge, LA. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Gick is affiliated with St Anne General Hospital, Kenner Regional Medical Center and Summit Hospital. Dr. Gick has received 3 awards. He speaks English.

Rating Overview

20 Ratings with 8 Comments

The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Gick is Great. Dr. Stephen Gick has been rated by 20 patients. From those 20 patients 8 of those left a comment along with their rating. The overall rating for Dr. Stephen Gick is 4.0 of 5.0 stars.

Mapbox Map of Dr. Stephen Gick

Primary Address

9001 Summa Ave
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
Get Directions

Specialties

Dr. Stephen Gick has the following 1 specialty

  • Orthopedic Surgery

    An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
    In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.

  • Specialty Expertise

    Dr. Stephen Gick has the following 8 expertise

  • Back Injuries
  • Head and Neck Disorder
  • Hip Osteoarthritis
  • Knee Osteoarthritis
  • Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
  • Spinal Fractures
  • Spinal Stenosis
  • Sports Medicine

Dr. Stephen Gick has 1 board certified specialty

See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience

Board Certifications

Dr. Stephen Gick is Board Certified in 1 specialty

See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.

Reviews

Showing 5 of 20

One Star

Looking for a surgeon?? Keep looking.

Wait time
40 minutes
Easy Appointment
Promptness
Friendly Staff
Accurate Diagnosis
Bedside Manner
Spends Time with Me
Appropriate Follow-up
Full Review Rating Breakdown
Five Stars

Excellent surgeon! Very kind person.

Full Review Rating Breakdown
One Star

I had a knee surgery with this doctor to remove a benign cyst. He didn't clean the spot well and this allowed the cyst to come back one month later. He is kind but his kindness didn't resolve my problem. I had to use crutches for several months and limp for almost a year with pain.

Wait time
20 minutes
Easy Appointment
Promptness
Friendly Staff
Accurate Diagnosis
Spends Time with Me
Appropriate Follow-up
Full Review Rating Breakdown
Changed My Life

I'm 67 years old and had back surgery when I was 20. I have had chronic, often debilitating back pain for most of my life. I was in and out of orthapedists and neurosurgeons offices almost annually for many years. My prognosis was typically that major surgery would provide 50% chance of significant improvement, 40% chance slight to no improvement & 10% chance it could be worse. Not good enough odds to go back into major surgery for me. I continued to fight back with exercise, physical therapy and medication when it got bad. Then I found Dr. Gick. He told me bluntly that he could not "fix my back", no one could. He did say that he believed he could alleviate much of the pain I was having with 90+% probability and with almost no chance of worsening the situation and could do it as an outpatient procedure using new minimally invasive procedures. I learned more about my back problems in several sessions with him than I had for the previous 40 years. I understood also what he was going to do and what it would achieve (and not achieve - no miracle he said). I had the surgery 7 years ago and have been relatively pain free ever since. I now play golf 3 days a week, fish and work around the house doing things that were unthinkable before the surgery. I have had no periods of completely debillitating pain. No miracle he said. A miracle I say. The best doctor of any kind that I have ever encountered. He gave me my life back when I had given it up years before.

Wait time
10 minutes
Easy Appointment
Promptness
Friendly Staff
Accurate Diagnosis
Bedside Manner
Spends Time with Me
Appropriate Follow-up
Full Review Rating Breakdown
One Star

he is the worse surgeon ever!

Wait time
50 minutes
Easy Appointment
Promptness
Friendly Staff
Accurate Diagnosis
Bedside Manner
Spends Time with Me
Appropriate Follow-up
Full Review Rating Breakdown
  • Awards

    3 Awards

  • Patients' Choice Award

    Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013)

    Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.

  • Compassionate Doctor Recognition

    Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013)

    Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.

  • Top 10 Doctor - City

    Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)

    Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.

  • Hospital Affiliations

    Dr. Gick is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).

  • St Anne General Hospital
  • Kenner Regional Medical Center
  • Summit Hospital
  • Earl K Long Medical Center
  • Ochsner Clinic Foundation
  • Baton Rouge General Medical Center
  • Ochsner Medical Center-Westbank
  • Ochsner Medical Center-Westbank
  • Ochsner Foundation Hospital
  • Ochsner Medical Center at Baton Rouge
  • Education

    44 Years Experience

  • Indiana University

    Graduated in 1969

  • University Of Pennsylvania Health System

    Residency

  • Accepted Insurance

    Please contact the office for more information.

Locations & Directions

9001 Summa Ave, Baton Rouge, LA

Video

Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen Gick in this video.

  • Similiar Doctors

    Dr. Stephen Gick is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baton Rouge, LA.