Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen O Harkness has the following 2 specialties
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Showing 5 of 18
Dr. Harkness repaired an inguinal hernia on me. The area was complicated by an unused stent in place and a large amount of scar tissue. He did a great job circumventing the stint and finished his job. I was out the same day with cautions not to lift anything for awhile. Post OP: EXCELLENT RESULTS. I highly recommend him.
Dr Harkness is really interested in me as a patient and wants to find the correct treatment. He fully explained my health issue. He seemed fully focused on my health and willingly spent the time with me. I would highly recommend him to my family and friends as a doctor like doctors used to be-interested in their patients care and their patient's understanding of their treatment and outcomes. Not many doctors today invest their time in patient care as he has. Good man
Dr. Harkness is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Stephen O Harkness accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLakeview Multispecialty Clinic, 101 Judge Tanner Blvd Ste 200, Covington, LA
Dr. Stephen O Harkness is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Covington, LA.