Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Stephen Hebert
Stephen Hebert, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Jolla, CA, with another office in La Jolla, CA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. Stephen Hebert is affiliated with UC San Diego Medical Center, UCSD Thornton Hospital, La Jolla and UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest.
Stephen Hebert has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
Stephen Hebert has the following 11 expertise
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
Stephen Hebert has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Stephen Hebert is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Hebert was the hospital OB on staff when I had a high risk pregnancy- he didn't see patients in the office, only in the hospital (which is where I spent a lot of time due to complications). He has a great bedside manner, good attitude, calm under pressure & was positive & easy to understand when other doctors said only negative, highly technical things. He delivered my high risk preemie and kept checking in on us throughout our stay, even helping us above and beyond his duties. Later he made sure to be available to deliver my second baby, even played around with my older child when visiting us. That gave me a lot of confidence during a scary C-section. His surgical skills were excellent. He teaches the residents so they were also part of my care. I liked his sense of humor & personal attention in a huge teaching hospital that can be impersonal. He followed up with me as long as I was in the hospital or visiting my preemie, even when I had other doctors in charge of my care.
Hebert is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UCSD Thornton Hospital, La Jolla
UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest
Promise Hospital San Diego
UCSD Medical Center, Hillcrest
Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
UC San Diego Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center in La Jolla
UC San Diego Thornton Hospital in La Jolla
Sharp Memorial Hospital
38 Years Experience
University Of Colorado School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Stephen Hebert in this video.
Stephen Hebert is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.