Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen E Helms has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Stephen E Helms has the following 12 expertise
- Basal Cell
- Skin Cancer
- Skin Biopsy
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Acne Rosacea
- Actinic Keratosis
Dr. Stephen E Helms is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Yes- Dr. Helms. is a very nice and kind man, and the staff is great too. But he misdiagnosed me for over year, and prescribed topical medications that continued to make my skin condition much worse, because my skin was already too fragile from irritatant contact dermatitis and allergies to tolerate anything topical on it, and then I started becoming irritated and allergic to the topicals he was prescribing. I finally had to travel far out of state for a correct diagnoses, and I am much better now, I only using liquid omego 3's and probiotics to help heal skin barrier. Steriods and cortizone are old school , only thins the skin, outdated, addictive and dangerous., And most people with Skin allergies end Up becoming allergic to the chemicals in them. I think he would be fine, if you have a simple case of contact dermatitis, but not for a more complex case, like me.
I got the wrong impression of this doctor at first. I was wrong about Dr helms. He is a very caring Doctor and man. I have complex issues and jumped to wrong opioion about him. He has personally called me, and has spent time trying to help me, which few other doctors have. I think Jackson is lucky to have him.
Misdiagnosed me. Don't waste your money if you have sonething complex. Not very knowledgeable. This is the 4 th doctor I have been through the university system. All missed or misdiagnose me. 2 doctors and a ER missed throid, and goiter and hashimotos disease, now this doctor diagnosed me wrong, when I brought research to show him what I thought it was . Where are these doctors attending medical school. Our medical profession is in sad shape. He was a strange man,didn't really examine me or listen to my symptoms or look at the years of pictures and rashes I had documented.
45 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Dr. Stephen E Helms accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Mississippi Medical Center, 2500 N State St, Jackson, MS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen E Helms in this video.
Dr. Stephen E Helms is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jackson, MS.