Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen P Herman has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Birth Control
- Adolescent Psychiatry
- Eating Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Mercury Poisoning
- Depressive Disorder
- Substance Abuse
- Forensic Psychiatry
Showing 5 of 11
Not only does this MD have a heart of stone, he has no clue what is going on in a child's life, and takes no initiative to try to find out from the child or corroborate information parents give him. If caring for a child of divorced parents, he can easily be swayed by one parent, and will ignore the pleas of the other parent, no matter how reasonable. My son hates him to this day, he did nothing to help him and abetted years of abuse by the other parent and step-parent. My son suffered, and still suffers terribly from years of indifference on the part of Dr. Hermann
- New York University School Of Medicine
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Stephen P Herman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRobert Leo Menner Dc, 17470 N Pacesetter Way, Scottsdale, AZ
Dr. Stephen P Herman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Scottsdale, AZ.