Dr. Stephen A Hockenbury Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stephen A Hockenbury?

Over Prescribing

Dr. Hockenbury is over prescribing dangerous amounts of amphetamines to wife and son after his office was made clear they both had prior drug abuse issues

Excellent doctor

Dr. Hockenbury is an exceptional psychiatrist, who is kind, and easy to talk to, with impeccable integrity. I have been going to him for years, I am very thankful to be in his care. He is a real lifesaver, and I trust him.

Would Recommend To Everyone

I have been with Dr. Hockenbury for 14 years. He has saved my life on more than one occasion. I am a very hard client to diagnose. I have multiple issues and only Dr. Hockenbury took the time to understand me on the inside as well as the outside. He has an excellent bedside manner and a comforting way about him. I have had him checked out by world famous Dr. Bear of NY. and he stated to me " He is on the cutting edge with mass combination medication and would consider him a top notch Dr. I drive over 150 miles for the last 3 years to continue my care and would go to the ends of the earth for a Dr of his Caliber.

A Disheveled Office is the Hallmark of a Great Psychiatrist

Doc Hock is an unpretentious "regular" guy who happens to be a great shrink. He's easy-going, funny (dry sense of humor) and very easy to talk with. But he's also a skilled medical practitioner, tenacious about proper diagnosis and then carefully-crafting a treatment program tailored specifically for the patient. Don't be alarmed about his disheveled (but not dirty) office or casual appearance - these are the hallmarks of a great psychiatrist. I've seen three different shrinks in my lifetime. The first one had an impeccable office, but was worthless as a doctor. The second one, who retired and led me to Doc Hock, was great - and he had a messy office. Doc Hock is also great, and he also has a messy office. So, from my extensive research and experience, I've concluded that the best shrinks are the ones with messy offices.

Gets the job done.

I would not see him if you are looking for therapy. If you are just needing a prescription and do your therapy elsewhere, he works out okay. Some days he really seems to care and spend extra time with me, others I barely spend five minutes in his office. He has canceled appointments multiple times.

Compassionate Caring Doctor

I have been with him for 5+ years. It has taken a long time but we have ultimately acheived a high level of sucess.