Diabetic Macular Edema
Get the facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types and the doctors and specialists who treat it.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen S Hwang
Dr. Stephen S Hwang, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Goodyear, AZ. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Ophthalmology. Dr. Hwang is affiliated with Maricopa Medical Center, Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Medical Center and Scottsdale Healthcare Shea. Dr. Hwang has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen S Hwang has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Eye Exam
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Lasik Surgery
- Eye Pain
- Vision Issues
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Dr. Hwang is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Wills Eye Institute
Dr. Stephen S Hwang accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
- BCBS AZ Alliance Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ HMO ExcelCare Network
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsArizona Eye Specialist, 13555 W McDowell Rd Ste 102, Goodyear, AZ
Dr. Stephen S Hwang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Goodyear, AZ.