Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen I Rosenfeld
Dr. Stephen I Rosenfeld, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rochester, NY. He has 55 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Diagnostic Laboratory Immunology, Rheumatology and Allergy & Immunology. Dr. Rosenfeld is affiliated with Golisano Childrens Hospital, Rochester General Hospital and Highland Hospital of Rochester. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen I Rosenfeld has the following 4 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Diagnostic Laboratory Immunology
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Allergy & Immunology
Dr. Stephen I Rosenfeld has the following 15 expertise
- Sports Medicine
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Geriatric Medicine
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. Stephen I Rosenfeld has 4 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Stephen I Rosenfeld is Board Certified in 4 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Rosenfeld is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
55 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1963
Dr. Stephen I Rosenfeld accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsStrong Memorial Hospital, 601 Elmwood Ave, Rochester, NY
Dr. Stephen I Rosenfeld is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, NY.