Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen J Ilario has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Bone Fracture
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Replacement
Showing 5 of 21
He's not very friendly/personable, but that's not really important when I'm looking for a doctor. What really bothered me about Ilario, however, is that he rushed me through the appointment, and I felt like he didn't take the time needed to fully vet my issue and help with plotting a recovery plan. I was hoping to talk about my MRI report, symptoms/pain points, and how to fix the problem, but he just kept saying my knee 'looked fine' after what felt like a minimal in-person examination of the injured area and just a few questions (which he also didn't let me quite finish answering). It's unsettling when his ...'it's fine' statement doesn't match up with the multi page MRI Diagnostic report that came with my 'films,' but I admit much of what is in the report is above my full comprehension level (and why I had questions). We all know that Google can be a dangerous thing when you look up medical phrases, which is why I was hoping MY DOCTOR would take the time to help me understand. No such luck. I waited quite a while for my appointment time, and to only be seen by him for a few minutes in what felt like an extremely insufficient examination makes me feel like he is missing something in the diagnosis and treatment, which let's be honest - doesn't impact his quality of life; just mine. I recommend you avoid him and try a different doctor.
Dr. Ilario took most of his appt time to talk about how terrible and painful surgery will be as opposed to examining me and reviewing my MRI results. Not much of a two way conversation with him. He is quick to refer you to his colleague for a 'second opinion,' when you question his treatment decisions. Start smart and don't go to him. Or if you do, get your second opinion from another source; not his colleague/friend.
This was my second total knee replacement( different knee) performed by Dr.Stephen Ilario in seven years. Both replacements were a total success. I found Dr. IIario to be one of the best if not the best in the state of Maryland compared to conversations with family, friends and abroad. His professionalism and concerns for me was truly a blessing. One thing that pleased me was that the more I ask concerning my procedure the more that he was willing to explain.
22 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Stephen J Ilario accepts the following insurance providers.
Kaiser - MidAtlantic
- Kaiser Permanente MidAtlantic
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKaiser Permanente Medical Center, 655 Watkins Mill Rd, Gaithersburg, MD
Dr. Stephen J Ilario is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gaithersburg, MD.