Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen J Katz has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Stephen J Katz has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 8
I have been a patient of Dr. Katz for many years. A very good internist. Unfortunately, his practice has decided to transition over to a full concierge format; basically, a yearly up-front cost of upwards to $2400 (assuming a married couple) for the privilege of having them available. Claims are you get a more comprehensive physical, longer appointment times, and cell phone access. Sounds nice, but I find it hard to justify the cost for a yearly physical. I don't need to spend the day with him discussing my health, but long enough to give assess my results, make recommendations, write prescriptions, etc. This cost is outrageous. I'm very disappointed in his decision to transition to the new format so I'm confident I will find other quality internists in my area.
I see the nurse practitioner Elaine Crain in the office and in the beginning thought they were a good practice. Now though, I have been left out in the cold and she will not even return my calls, you have to make a visit to just talk to her. Unfortunately, I lost my insurance and can not afford an office visit. Whenever you call, you can not talk to a human, just leave a message on the machine and the providers will not speak to you on the phone any more. When you do go in to see her, it is a 'talk session' and usually nothing more. It really feels like all they care about is how much money they make and not the patient any more. Will definitely be looking for a new provider.
Though I didn't meet Dr. Katz on this visit I was delighted in the manner in which I was treated by all the staff and would recommend the clinic to everyone. Very thorough and time was given to review my medical history in depth. And I'm dying to know the architectural history of the office building. The Apple Pie (or flying saucer design) is unique.
I have been a patient of Dr. Katz since before he moved to Severna Park. Many visits are comprehensive, involving a variety of issues, and last a half an hour or more. I often receive approriate advice and assistance without visiting the office. His professional care and service have been outstanding!
Dr. Katz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Stephen J Katz accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSeverna Park Medical Associates, 31 Robinson Rd, Severna Park, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen J Katz in this video.
Dr. Stephen J Katz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Severna Park, MD.