Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen J Williams has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Stephen J Williams has the following 13 expertise
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
- Wounds and Injuries
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- Hepatitis B
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
- Lyme Disease
Dr. Stephen J Williams has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Stephen J Williams is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I went to Dr. Williams for Lyme Disease. He did nothing for me, he was a waste of time, he went entirely by the Lyme test results. Itâs very well known Lyme test are unreliable. I have a positive false reading and he refused to further investigate for Lyme or treat me. I have ALL the unexplained crazy symptoms and he did NOT clinically diagnose me like doctors are suppose too. He didânt even give me a physical. He only goes by test results. Anyone can do that, it takes more to being a doctor then just going by test results. Lyme test are unreliable. I finally found a GREAT LLMD, I was clinically diagnosed, took 6 months of Doxy and I am feeling much better these days, NO THANKS TO THIS DOCTOR!
After several months of treatment for a viral brain infection, I was referred to Dr. Williams to help evaluate the :"viral" infection in my head which has caused permanent deafness. His response to me after all the test results and other information provided was there is no definitive test for viruses and provided an anti viral medication which, if he had listened, he would have known was prescribed previously to me by my primary care physician and had no result or positive outcome. He spent little time in the appointment and I would not return to him for anything. He apparently did not read or question the information I brought to the appointment.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
20 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Columbia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. Stephen J Williams accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon OMNIA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
Locations & DirectionsId Care, 765 State Route 10 Ste 201, Randolph, NJ
Dr. Stephen J Williams is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Randolph, NJ.