Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen J Jacobs
Dr. Stephen J Jacobs, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fort Lauderdale, FL, with another office in Fort Lauderdale, FL. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Jacobs is affiliated with Broward Health Medical Center and Healthsouth Sunrise Rehabilitation Hospital. Dr. Jacobs has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen J Jacobs has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Sports Medicine
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- Herniated Disc
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Jacobs is the finest physician anyone could ask for. My husband & I have been seeing him for quite a while. he's very kind & very accurate in his diagnosis. He has saved me from a lot of pain. He did my surgery so well we went to a baseball game a few weeks later. his assistant also is outstanding & compassionate. We highly recommend Dr. Jacobs. The best. With Gratitude, Vic & Sharon Rawitz
He was derogatory and rude. He needs to take some sort of classes in empathy and concern for his patients. In addition, his staff was impersonal and pre-occupied and rude. Regardless of age. However the elderly especially need to be treated with respect and kindness. Listening skills are absent in the Dr. and Staff.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Jacobs is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1985
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine
Dr. Stephen J Jacobs accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Stephen J Jacobs is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Lauderdale, FL.