Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen R Karbowitz has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chest Infection
- Respiration Disorders
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Lung Cancer
Showing 5 of 6
My mother went for follow up after bring discharged from hospital. I had some concerns about her lung and Dr. Kabowitz suggests a CT scan to compare to previous scan. He pressed for an immediate appointment on her behalf (and got it! She is 86 years old and traveling is always cumbersome especially with her asthma. Dr, Kabowitz explained all her medications to me, I feel good that dear Mom is in good hands. I do suggest appointment at the hospital, Mom had to wait over 3 hours at the Horace Harding location.
Dr. Karbowitz is very intelligent, caring and sympathetic towards his patients, he spends a lot of time with you and explains your options. He is patient and understanding and leaves the major decision up to the patient whether to follow his advice or wait and see what happens. His bedside manner is great there should be many more doctors such as him and the health profession would be a better place for all. His staff is friendly and courteous and also helpful in making the follow up appointment for you. He is a true asset to the facility where he works. I have never met a doctor that was so polite and professional at the same time. He is a real gem!
47 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Montefiore Medical Center
Dr. Stephen R Karbowitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNew York-Presbyterian-Queens, 5645 Main St, Flushing, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen R Karbowitz in this video.
Dr. Stephen R Karbowitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Flushing, NY.