Dr. Stephen Kates Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Stephen Kates?

Total Hip Replacement He Did Feels Totally Natural

Posted on November 28th, 2017

Dr. Kates performed a total hip replacement on my right hip on September 12, 2017. When I went to rehab 3 days later I was told it was the best hip replacement they had seen. The rehab center was overwhelmed by my progress and let me go home after about 1 week. I am now about 11 weeks out and my right hip now feels totally natural, like the hip that I was born with before it developed arthritis. One of the best things Dr. Kates did was make me lose weight before he would operate. When I protested, he told me that his brother was my size and he wouldn't operate on HIM until he lost weight either. Very good way to motivate someone. I'm now about 250, down from 330 a bit over a year ago...

Very Caring and Very Thorough

Posted on January 8th, 2017

Dr. Kates took time to answer all of my questions. He made sure I understood all of my options, and walked me through every step of the procedure I will be having.

pain

Posted on June 10th, 2015

I waited 2 weeks for a appointment with his PA (who was excellent). I got a needed MRI. that showed the cartilage was gone in my left hip and the bone was bruised and swollen I could not get a pre op appointment with Dr Kates for 6-8 weeks . I was in a great deal of pain but appointments are scheduled on first come basics. I think Dr Kates should stop taking new patients until his practice is more manageable.

Dr. too busy to address surgical complications

Posted on January 27th, 2015

If you have a surgical complication, it is impossible to get followup. Too busy.

Superior service and Excellent office staff

Posted on January 23rd, 2014

Very easy to make an appointment if you call the appointment line. Offers surgery with extremely little wait time for such an experienced surgeon. Staff is friendly and helpful. To the person that wrote the bad review- you have the wrong Doctor as Dr. Kates only does knees and hips. He does not do hands or elbows. Maybe you should get the right physician before you put in a negative review.

Posted on September 26th, 2013

I love Dr. Kates. His office sees many patients so it can be hard toget an appointment. But it is worth it. I refere every one to him.

Had me in an over the elbow cast for 6 months for a broken scaphoid bone in my wrist. I was in a cast for a total of 8 months.

Posted on March 23rd, 2012

He never even prescribed PT after surgery, even though my arm was immobilized for 8 full months. It was horrendous and inexcusable. I'

Total Knee Replacement

Posted on October 4th, 2010

Dr. Kates is a very compassionate and caring surgeon. He is very concerned not only with the physical recovery but your emotional recovery as well. The joint is wonderful and my recovery is going well. His staff is exemplary and if ever again I need orthopedic surgery, he will be the one I choose!

Posted on November 29th, 2017