Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen Kemp
Dr. Stephen Kemp, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in Little Rock, AR. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Endocrinology and Pediatrics. Dr. Kemp is affiliated with UAMS Medical Center, Arkansas Children's Hospital and University Hospital of Arkansas. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen Kemp has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Endocrinology
Endocrinologists treat disorders related to our glands and the hormones they produce. Because hormones play a key role in the growth and development of children, these conditions often pose different threats to children than they do adults. That’s where a pediatric endocrinologist comes in.
They can diagnose and treat hormonal disorders such as abnormal thyroid function, growth complications and early or delayed puberty. Ambiguous genitals as well as ovarian and testicular dysfunction are also part of their expertise. Childhood obesity, diabetes and problems with low blood sugar also tie back to hormone function and may require consulting with a pediatric endocrinologist.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Stephen Kemp has the following 7 expertise
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Growth Disorders
- Thyroid Diseases
Dr. Stephen Kemp has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Stephen Kemp is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Kemp Was My Endocrinologist As A Kid. I Was Found To Be Growth Hormone Deficient And Was Way Below The 3rd Percentile. I Could Not Have Had, A More Understanding And 'Aware' Doctor. I Was Seriously Having Huge Mental Issues Regarding My Stature And For The Next 2 1/2 Years, Every 3 Months, I Would See Him And His Nurse Becky. He Has The Best Bedside Manner Of Any Doctor I Have Ever Witnessed. I Was 15 At The Time, I Am Now 40, And Cannot Thank Him And Becky Enough, For The Change In My Life, That Was Too Them, Simply Doing What They Love To Do. Thank You.
Dr. Kemp is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UAMS Medical Center
Arkansas Children's Hospital
University Hospital of Arkansas
37 Years Experience
University of Chicago
Graduated in 1976
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Dr. Stephen Kemp accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & Directions1 Childrens Way, Little Rock, AR
Dr. Stephen Kemp is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Little Rock, AR.