Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen W Kirley has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
Showing 5 of 19
My mother suffered from some sort of chemical imbalance for years. Our family took her to all sorts of doctors, even Bowman Gray. She would get some improvement but never be fully "clear" and free of symptoms, and would end up needing hospitalization again and again.Finally, about 10-12 years ago, late in my mother's life, we found Dr. Kirley. He was at Charter Hospital at the time, the only place we had NOT tried.The results were miraculous and I credit it to Dr. Kirley treating my mothers symptoms and continuously re-evaluating her to see that the medicines were correct and continued to work. Dr. Kirley was successful because he was the first doctor who did not try to pigeon hole my mother into a particular category. She functioned pretty much normally for the remainder of her life. I wish we had found Dr. Kirley much sooner.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
43 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Stephen W Kirley accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsStephen Walter Kirley Md, 433 Grant Rd, Clemmons, NC
Dr. Stephen W Kirley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Clemmons, NC.