Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen J Krummel
Dr. Stephen J Krummel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sheboygan, WI, with another office in Sheboygan, WI. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Krummel is affiliated with Aurora Sheboygan Memorial Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen J Krummel has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Mood Disorders
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Developmental Disorders
Showing 5 of 6
Dr Krummel was the most helpful and qualified psychiatrist I have ever worked with. For many years, my illness has prevented me from leading a normal life; I couldn't hold a job and it was impossible for me to maintain a relationship. Now, I have multiple graduate degrees, I'm making six figures and I have been married for 8 years. I worked with several doctors in the past, but Dr Krummel was the one who helped me turn my life around. I owe him a great deal. It's also worth noting that he has a graduate degree in Pharmacy in addition to his MD, which makes him uniquely qualified to work with patients who require medication. It doesn't happen overnight - it takes time for the medication to do it's job - but Dr Krummel worked with me during the rough patches, and I made it through. I highly recommend him.
Dr. Krummel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1983
University Of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Dr. Stephen J Krummel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem WI Blue Priority X Indiv DirectAccess
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- WPS Group
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Stephen J Krummel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sheboygan, WI.