Dr. Stephen T Kucera Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Stephen T Kucera?

"5-Star Doctor" 1-Star Staff

My wife and I met with Dr Kucera about scheduling a procedure for my wife. Kucera is pleasant, certainly knowledgeable and qualified. However when it came to dealing with the "staff"...THAT is another story. Never have I encountered such POOR customer/patient service. Phones are NEVER answered---returned messages come DAYS later. Some staff displaying an almost arrogant attitude. This morning (9/25/17) was the last straw. I had left a message concerning a certain aspect of my health coverage. I received a return call ("Janet?) who proceeded to (attempt) to "read me the riot act" in a "lecture" about what my "rights" were and what I had "nothing to say about."... Well, the end result---I CANCELED my wife's scheduled procedure (Wed) and have already found another physician. I WILL NOT BE DISRESPECTED---especially as STRESSED as I have been about my wife's condition. Like I inferred in my title, I would not eat in a "5-STAR" restaurant if the "service was rude---same goes for a "5-STAR Doctor." Doug (Sarasota)

Big Problem

Regarding then hour wait, I finally asked the receptionist what the problem was. She looked surprised, and said she thought I was with someone else (I did sign in) and got me in right away. With a family history of cancer, he scheuled colonoscopy and upper endoscopy. After the procedure, I had super intense pain on swallowing. Upshot: I sustained an esophageal tear during the procedure. Right, I don't remember talking with him after the procedure, so didn't think anything had gone wrong. But The pain was intense. Read the report he sent home with me and saw that the tear was listed, with a medication, Carafate, prescribed. It was over $250 with good insurance. The closest follow up was a month later (!) and I saw a PA, who read off the same report I got... A YEAR later I finally had an appointment with Dr K in person, and asked about the tear. He looked at my chart, and said it was because I had esophageal strictures, or difficulty swallowing. Do not, never did. EVER. Subsequent to this visitI went over my pathology report with an independent GI Pathologist on the staff of a hospital in another state. She noted that his practice has an in-house pathologist; and that is never a good deal for the patient. WILL NEVER GO BACK.

Very bad experience. Dr Kucera is very unpleasant doctor. Spend 7min for new patient app.Does not care to help the patient.

This clinic was the worst experience we have ever had with any medical professionals.After waiting more then 1 month for an app.,Dr.Kucera had no time to look at the test results,was very cold and dismissive.Doesn't care about helping the patient. The office staff is very disorganized.Nobody ever answering the phone.Appointment was abruptly cancelled on day of app. by one person and 30min later we received the call from another person reminding us to come to the app.Good that we called back to check and found that the doctor is not in the office.Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. When we called and expressed our dissatisfaction, staff made us feel like we were lying about it. We will not be back ever, not to this doctor for sure and suggest you also not to go to this doctor ever.

Little Time for Patient Visit

The appointment was rushed, the doctor made it clear that he was behind and he was unpleasant.

Professor

Same symptoms after procedure. Did not seem interested in correcting mistakes..

One visit so far. He is right to the point with a diagnosis that was explained with great hope and sincerity whichever way my biopsy turns out.

Sharp

My kind of Dr.

Doctor is good staff needs to be more friendly on phone.

The dr. Was fine but when calling the wait time is eight minutes. Also when talking to a nurse or receptionist they always seem to be snippy and in a hurry to get you off the line. Not very friendly. Have had a hard time getting information I need. I like the doctor and having the procedure went well but there were follow up things that I have had difficulty getting help with.

Have hard time making a follow up appointment.

I never saw the Dr. My initial viisit was with the nude practitioner, who ordered a colonoscopy/endoscopy procedure. The Dr spoke with me briefly after the procedure , which, incidentally cost Medicare over 10,000$. The follow up visit was again with the nurse practitioner. She told me things looked basically normal. I had to ask about what I might do regarding my medications, as I was standing to leave the office. She recommended an over the counter antacid, and escorted me out of the room. I would not recommend this Dr. To anyone, nor will I return.

Wonderful man fantastic Doc.!

Took the time to review my situation and provided options along with expectations and concerns. Did not rush.