Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen L Miller MD
Dr. Stephen L Miller has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Stephen L Miller has the following 13 expertise
- Blood Clot
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
Showing 5 of 8
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen L Miller - Posted on August 7th, 2018
Was told to be there 30 minutes before my appointment to get all the appropriate paperwork completed (which I did), then I waited another 90 minutes before finally walking out. This physician wasted 2 full hours of my time, and I never even got to see him. I'd like to say he's a good physician, but with a practice ran so poorly, I would surely doubt it. Now I need to find another cardiologist, and quickly. Thanks for absolutely nothing!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen L Miller - Posted on June 23rd, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen L Miller - Posted on February 3rd, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen L Miller - Posted on January 20th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen L Miller - Posted on March 12th, 2013
Dr. Miller has been taking care of my parents for about 10 years. I just can't say enough good about him. He is truely concerned about them, it's not just a job to him. He has answered calls on his cell phone just to assist me with their care. He never rushes our time with him in the office. He always answers all of our questions and makes sure we understand what we need to do. My elderly parents can sometimes be difficult but he is never short on patience. Dr. Miller is a very intelligent and terrific Doctor.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
26 Years Experience
University Of Utah School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Stephen L Miller Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- SelectHealth Select Care
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsINTERMOUNTAIN HEART CENTER, 5292 S College Dr Ste 201, Salt Lake City, UT
Dr. Stephen L Miller is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Salt Lake City, UT.