Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen L Young
Dr. Stephen L Young, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chapel Hill, NC, with another office in Raleigh, NC. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen L Young has 2 locations
320 Emergency Room Dr
Chapel Hill, NC 27599
Book Online Now
Dr. Stephen L Young has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
Dr. Stephen L Young has the following 9 expertise
- Urinary Incontinence
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- EOL Care
Showing 2 of 2
caring, prompt, thorough
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen L Young - Posted on April 12th, 2011
I've now taken my father to see Dr. Young several times and have been very impressed with him and his staff. Professional, caring, thorough. It was easy to get an appointment and they have all been wonderful. I feel like we are in good hands. He is even able to visit my father at his assisted living facility.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen L Young - Posted on April 17th, 2009
35 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Dr. Stephen L Young Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen L Young, MD - Geriatric Medicine in Chapel Hill, NC, in this video.
Dr. Stephen L Young is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Chapel Hill, NC.