Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen A Leschak
Dr. Stephen A Leschak, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Knoxville, TN, with another office in Knoxville, TN. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Vascular and Interventional Radiology and Diagnostic Radiologyttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen A Leschak has 2 locations
1924 Alcoa Hwy
Knoxville, TN 37920
Book Online Now
Dr. Stephen A Leschak has the following 2 specialties
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology
Interventional radiologists, also known as vascular radiologists, use minimally-invasive imaging techniques to diagnose conditions in your organs and blood vessels. For example, if you need an angiography (an x-ray of the arteries) to diagnose a blockage in your blood vessels, your doctor will refer you to an interventional radiologist. They can, if needed, perform an angioplasty to open up the blocked passage.
They’re also trained to perform needle biopsies, insert stents, treat varicose veins and obstructions of the urinary tract (possibly due to kidney stones) and can help with dangerous postpartum bleeding. They treat various types of fibroids and embolization, which is a clot, air bubble or other blockage in the bloodstream. While the types of imaging procedures they perform are more invasive than x-rays done to identify broken bones, pain levels and recovery time are usually minimal.
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
Dr. Stephen A Leschak has the following 19 expertise
- Iliac Aneurysm
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Arteriovenous Malformations
- Carotid Stenosis
- Vertebroplasty (Kyphoplasty)
- Internal Carotid Artery Dissection
- Vascular Malformations
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Renal Artery Stenosis
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Catheter Ablation
- Vertebral Artery Dissection
28 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Overlook Medical Center
Dr. Stephen A Leschak accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
More about Dr. Stephen A Leschak
I entered the rapidly growing field of interventional radiology because it is an exciting, evolving and challenging subspeciality area of medicine. Interventional radiologists are physicians who specialize in minimally-invasive, targeted treatments performed using imaging guidance. The procedures we perform are quite advanced and often replace open surgical procedures. I have practiced as part of the diagnostic imaging department at Fox Chase since 2002.Interventional radiology procedures offer cost-effective, health-care alternatives to certain conventional medical and surgical treatments. There are fewer risks involved and, typically, a reduced hospitalization time for patients.Frequently, interventional radiology procedures are the only viable therapeutic option for critically ill patients unable to tolerate surgery. Advances in interventional radiology have pioneered modern medicine and given rise to state-of-the-art treatments that are commonplace in today's medicine. As technology advances and high-quality imaging equipment becomes more widely available, we will have the ability to offer patients and referring physicians a variety of new treatment options.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen A Leschak, MD - Vascular and Interventional Radiology in Knoxville, TN, in this video.
Dr. Stephen A Leschak is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Knoxville, TN.