Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen B Lichtenberg has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Stephen B Lichtenberg has the following 13 expertise
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Dr. Stephen B Lichtenberg has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Stephen B Lichtenberg is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Lichtenberg was the first cardiologist at the Heart Center I encountered after suffering a heart attack several years ago. After several visits I attempted to ask him about the side effects of statin drugs, but he get extremely upset, even though I was calm and respectful, and literally got a few inches away from my face and in so many words, he angrily told me not to argue with him, just take the pills if you want to lower your cholesterol. Without any exaggeration, he was red-faced and looked like a mad scientist. He actually scared me. I have never had such an experience with a doctor, or any other profession individual. I know have a different doctor at the same Heart Center.
Dr Lichtenberg is an outstanding doctor. He is knowledgeable about the latest advances in cardiology and explains things in terms you can understand. He is always willing to take the time needed to discuss things and answer my questions. He never makes you feel like he is in a rush. He has been my doctor for over 8 years and I'm glad to have him treat me.
48 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1970
St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsThe Health Center At Livingston Street, 75 Washington St, Poughkeepsie, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen B Lichtenberg in this video.
Dr. Stephen B Lichtenberg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Poughkeepsie, NY.