Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen P Lucero has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Urologic Emergencies
- Prostate Cancer
- Kidney Stones
- Bladder Issues
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
He has been taking care of me for over 5 years and I think he is just wonderful. Great person, professional, caring. I am sad he moved to Taos, but it isn't that far to go for a great doctor you can TRUST! Only use Dr. Lucero, that was what I was told by another physician who also left Santa Fe...go figure.
Due to previous bladder cancer, I have undergone 20+ Cystoscopy exams. They have been done by various doctors, and all have followed a standard procedure. I have learned that there will be uncontrollable urination for a couple of hours afterward and high pain during urination which subsides by early evening. This was my first exam by Dr Lucero. He did not follow normal procedures of numbing prior to exam, etc. He was very rough and took minimum time. His staff is a couple of elderly gentlemen that appeared to not have a clue what they are doing. After the exam, I had extreme pain, uncontrollable urination for several days, and prolonged urination pain for several days. My advice is to stay away!
37 Years Experience
University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Ohio State University Medical Center
Dr. Stephen P Lucero accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS New Mexico
- BCBS NM PPO NM
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- PHCS PPO
- Presbyterian ASO
- Presbyterian Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsStephen Paul Lucero Md, 1650 Hospital Dr Ste 300, Santa Fe, NM
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen P Lucero in this video.
Dr. Stephen P Lucero is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Fe, NM.