Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen M Brown
Dr. Stephen M Brown, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Albany, CA, with another office in Berkeley, CA. He has 52 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics and Family Medicine. Dr. Brown is affiliated with Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Alta Bates Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen M Brown has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
If you value form over substance, look elsewhere. If you're looking for sound medical advice - consider Dr. Brown. His no-nonsense communication style takes getting used to until you realize that his goal is to cure what ails you, or to prevent you from getting sick. He doesn't suffer fools lightly.
I called his office to get some information about a medical exam for my wife's green card, and when he called me back at the end of the day, I wish he had just ignored me! He sneered, he interrupted, he made confusing statements and then snapped at me when I asked him very politely to clarify or repeat his statements, and finally announced that he had had enough and hung up on me! I have never been treated with such blatant disrespect in my entire life. Moreover, he gave me some information about the appication that, when I checked with other doctors and on the Internet, turned out to be completely wrong and unnecessary, it appears he just wanted to squeeze more money out of me.I can only imagine what an awful doctor he is in person, and after reading other reviews of him, I am not surprised.
Can you believe a doctor can do something like this? A kid who just turned 18 got a call from him. After hearing that the cancellation was done the day before, he changed his cancellation policy from 24 hrs to 48 hrs over the phone. He decided he will charge the kid $250. When the kid told him that he had to talk to his parents, he sneered at him. How can a person like this one practice medicine in US? He is unprofessional and unethical. He is almost like a crook.
Dr. Brown is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
52 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1966
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
Dr. Stephen M Brown accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Stephen M Brown is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albany, CA.