Dr. Stephen M Howell Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Stephen M Howell?

Narcissist back job

Read your yelp reviews on this man. He is evil mean rude torturous and has a major God complex... RUN RUN RUN AWAY FROM THIS HACK I just had a revision and a knee replacement done by this man and I've been in excruciating pain ever since. He threatens to not give you pain meds and compares you to other total knee replacements. He told me to put my big girl panties on on and suck it up, he even told me that my original knee surgeon dumped me and he almost didn't take my case because of my attitude. FYI, I only saw this man twice and the second time he acted like he didn't even know why I was there so I had to remind him what he said about my partial replacement and needing a total knee. My original surgeon did not dump me I refused to let him cut into me for a 5th time and sought out a second opinion. I asked about my left knee that was injured too and he told me my knee is fat but I know better than that. This man is vile and rude especially if you step on his narcissistic little feelings and challenge him in any way. I can barely bend my knee even though he says I should be able too. Well news flash Dr evil!! A total knee replaced done on someone with a worn our knee vs someone with prior trauma and injury is far different than the other. I am scared to death what is going to happen with my knee after this hack job

Best knee surgeon

Excellent surgeon- best recovery time and support. Replaced both knees on my mother-in-law. Flawless. Custom fit them to her legs (each one). Not the one size fits all treatment. Also replaced my ACL and meniscus (sp?) - also flawless. I give him a five star rating and more if I could. His office is also very helpful and professional. Class Act.

Otis Nihtmare

Ms.

I would personally like to Thank, Dr. Howell for the wonderful care is provided to my mother. As a Registered Nurse, we know who to send our loved ones to, and I can highly recommend Dr. Howell to anyone thinking about having a knee replacement. Dr. Howell was professional, caring, and attentive. My father and I were kept a breast of all the information pertaining to my mother's care. Dr. Howell even sent her a get well plant to let her know he was thinking of her after her surgery. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! Your care was exceptional and we are grateful that you were our mom's physician. God Bless You!

Had a total knee replacement in Jan of 2012 by Dr. Howell. When the time comes for the other knee to be done I will again go to him again.Have had no trouble with since and the pain is gone. What a relief. He knows what he had to do and so does his help and everything went smooth.

Knee Replacement

Dr. Howell and his staff are exceptional in all aspects of patient care. Everything was arranged and went smoothly. He is a Great Doctor, spends time with my family and myself. I would highly recommend Dr. Howell to anyone that has a knee problem.

Fabulous surgeon

Dr Howell is a fabulous surgeon. Treats his patients wonderfully, has a wonderful upbeat, energetic, and personable manner. Cares about his patients outcomes.

I am a 73 year old male 6' tall 300lbs. Dr. Howell did a total knee replacement two weeks ago. Yesterday I had the staples removed. I can bend my knee to 100 degrees and I have full leg extention to 0 degrees. On a scale of 1-10 my pain level has never been above 5. I can walk without a walker or a cane. Can anyone reality expect more. I would highly recommend Dr. Howell.

Disappointing Visit

Very friendly and from what I could tell, knowlegable. However, once a problem had been identified he seemed very reluctant to treat me, in fact did very little to diagnose my problem. I don't believe it has anything to do with his skills, but rather his not wanting to deal with certain insurances. He actually came with strong recommendations, but word of the insurance issues amongst doctors is also noted.

Dr Howell is probably the worse excuse for an knee replacement Dr. ever created. My husband had knee replacement surgery in 2010 and from the time he was in his room, we knew something was wrong. His only help was to tell us that some patients have more pain, swelling, and redness and sickness. After being home for 1 week, he was rushed to ER because of the swelling, pain and redness. No thanks to Dr. Howell (whose only help was to continue to prescribe pain pills for over 2 months), my husband managed to get on his feet. The surgery was a total failure and after seeing 7 other surgeons, he had to have knee revision surgery last month----this time it was like a totally different surgery---success at last! We feel that knee replacement surgery is difficult enough w/o having a surgery mess up the job and having to go through a "re-do" Stay away Dr. Howell--he is indeed "full of himself"

This is the worst kind of doctor. This guy is so full of himself he won't even hear you when you have an obvious problem! I had a total knee replacement with Dr. Howell and I'm in far worst shape than before surgery. I can't walk down stairs, can bend my knee and I'm in severe pain. I finally gave up and went to see my regular doctor which found a blood clot right off. Now I'm headed for a bone scan to check for infection. Next, I head to San Francisco to see if I can get this mess redone! This guy is a jerk from the word go. Go somewhere else....save yourself!

Fastest Recovery Time

I have had four arthroscopic knee surgeries on one knee over the years. Dr. Howell did a complete knee replacement of that knee. I was fully functioning and back at work within three weeks and off any pain medications within ten days. My experience couldn't have been better. I have had two hips replaced as well (not by Dr. Howell). Overall, my experience with Dr. Howell was exceptional.

Dr. Stephen M Howell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sacramento, CA.