More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen J Maddox Sr has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 15
My son seen him since he was a newborn. I'm 23 years old. I always felt like I was being stereo typed by him. My son at 3 weeks old develop acid reflux so he gave us Zantac which was awful my son didn't like it all. I kept expressing my feelings about how he doesn't like can we do something else. He told me to blow in his face like a dog and and that will make him take it. I felt that was very rude. And then my son just kept spitting up ounces at a time. And choking him self cause the acid reflux was awful. Finally we switched doctors and he gave us need acid reflux medication and then he was fine. Now my son is 6 months old and didn't need all the tests and the formula. Just needed a switch in mediation. Very unhappy that he just didn't listen to me about the mediation.
Dr. Maddox is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Stephen J Maddox Sr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAlliance Medical Group Chase Outpatient Center, 160 Robbins St, Waterbury, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen J Maddox Sr in this video.
Dr. Stephen J Maddox Sr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Waterbury, CT.